Dolphins Kids Facts
There are heaps of fun dolphins kids facts.
* Whales and dolphins
* They are mammals
that live in the water.
* While fish breathe with gills and lay eggs, whales breathe with lungs
and give birth to live
young that suckle milk.
* They have small eyes, large mouths and blowholes on the top
* Their arms are called flippers
and their tail fins are called flukes.
* They have got no back
Poster by AllPosters. Click on thumbnail to buy
* Dolphins often live in pods.
These can be small, consisting
of a few animals, or large, consisting of thousands of animals.
* Dolphins are meat eaters and they eat
fish and squid.
love to jump out of the water and play.
* They also like to surf on the waves
made by boats and large whales.
* They "have names"
- whistle calls that are unique to each individual. So they can
recognise other pod members individually.
* They have many other sounds and a complex communication
* They are very smart
animals and can learn clever tricks, and solve simple