Pink Dolphin Facts
are some interesting pink dolphin
* Not all river dolphins are pink
dolphins, but all pink dolphins are
Many river dolphins are endangered
by pollution, overfishing, hunting,
getting trapped in fishing nets and getting injured by river boats.
* Amazon river dolphin
is the real pink dolphin.
* It has a long thin beak
with many teeth,
just like other river dolphins.
* It has got a hump
on its back instead of a dorsal fin.
Poster by AllPosters. Click on thumbnail to buy
* It has got very small
eyes and is almost
* The river habitat where it lives is murky and sight is a sense
to use in these conditions.
* Instead, these dolphins rely on hearing,
and use echolocation to get
a picture about their surroundings.
* Many other dolphins also use echolocation,
but most of them rather combine it with eye-sight.
* Pink river dolphins, however, have much worse eyesight than
other dolphins. They can
barely tell night from day by seeing.
* They use a primitive, but very sensitive
* They have a very flexible
compared to other dolphins, so they can turn their heads and follow
* To vary the pattern of their solar signal, they can change the shape of their melon.
* They can perfectly locate their prey,
which is piranha, catfish, and other small creatures living in the
Listing by Chitika