Blue Whale Facts
On this page are some
* can hold its breath for almost two hours?
* has skin that can be one foot thick?
* looks like a fish, but isn't a fish?
* can be over 100 feet long?
* weigh as much as 25 elephants?
* has a heart the size of a small automobile?
The Blue Whale!
are the largest
animals that have ever lived on the Earth including dinosaurs!
Blue Whale Size Comparison
Buy This at
* Blue Whales can weigh up to 150 tons!
* It is only possible to grow so large
in the water, because in the
water things "weigh" less than on the land thanks to water's boyancy.
* If a blue whale, or any
other large whale, got beached they could die just because their inner
organs would get
crushed under their own body weight.
* Blue whales
eat about four tons of krill
every day during the
summer, and almost nothing during the winter.
* Blue whales cruise-feed. They swim through a
krill swarm with their
* They can make a very loud noise
measuring 180 decibles.
* The heart
of a resting blue
whale beats 10 times slower than the
heart of a human.
* Blue whale baby
metres long and weighs three tons. It
drinks 350 litres milk a day.
* Before the whaling
there were 250,000 blue whales. Today there
Click here to watch an awesome
Blue Whale video depicting a Blue Whale in natural habitat!